The Moon & Lotus is responsible for collecting, processing, storing and safe-keeping personal and other information as part of providing a service and carrying out regular business activities. I manage personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. Any questions regarding the processing of personal data should be directed to us via accounts@themoonandlotus.
The Privacy Statement governs any kind of processing where I am acting as a data controller or co-controller (including collection, use, transfer, storage and deletion) of personally identifiable information (any information that may be used to identify a physical person, and any other information associated therewith) about natural persons. This statement applies to the processing of data collected through any means, actively as well as passively, from persons located anywhere in the world.
I am guided by the following principles when processing data:
- I will only collect data for specific and specified purposes; I will make it clear at the point when I request your information, what I are collecting it for and how I am going to use it;
- I will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes; I will minimise the amount of information I collect from you to what I need to deliver the services required;
- I will collect and use your personal information only if I have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as a newsletter, offers from time to time and/or provide you with information on 1-2-1 services;
- I will not use your data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, accepted as stated within the policy, or with your prior consent;
- I will seek to verify and/or update your data periodically and I will accept requests from you for amendment of the data held;
- I will apply high technical standards to make the processing of data secure;
- Except otherwise stated, I will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose or as required by law.
The information I may collect about you could include, but is not limited to:
- Personal details
- Family details
- Financial details
- Physical or mental health details
- Your birth details
If I were to obtain special category data from you I will always get your consent first.
I will collect information from you when:
- You sign up to a newsletter or mailing list
- You download an opt-in
- You join a course or programme
- You contact The Moon & Lotus for information via the website or social media channels, by phone or email
- You post on the social media channels, website or blog
- You work with The Moon & Lotus in a commercial capacity
I may use the information collected to:
- Allow you to process a booking for a product or course
- Create a profile for you on the site in the future
- Send you newsletters or provide you with information, products or services that you request from The Moon & Lotus or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Ensure that content from the site is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- Allow you to participate in the service you have chosen to do so
- Notify you about changes to the services.
I will never sell or share your personal information with third parties.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides that processing of your data shall only be lawful if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- For the performance of a contract
- For compliance with a legal obligation which I must perform
- To protect vital interests of your or another person
- It is in the public interest
- It is in the legitimate interests pursued by The Moon & Lotus or a third party
I collect data for the purposes set out above. Data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from the system when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, retained for legal reasons or minimised and retained.
Any health data collected from you has special protection and is limited to that permissible by law. In all instances where special category data is collected I will obtain your express consent.
LINKS FROM THE SITE
I will make it as easy as I can for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict The Moon & Lotus’ ability to provide you with the primary service you have requested.
Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any marketing emails that you have signed up for, you can do so by emailing accounts@themoonandlotus or clicking onto the unsubscribe link on the marketing email that was sent to you. It may take 24 hours for this to become effective.
WEBSITE ANALYTICS & TARGETED MARKETING
I use website analytics to provide the best user experience and service to you and to evaluate and improve the site. I utilise third party data analytics service providers [GOOGLE ANALYTICS, Meta Analytics] to improve visibility and to monitor website browser behaviour and navigation across the site.
These third-party data analytics service providers collect this information on my behalf in accordance with my instructions and in line with their own privacy policies. The service providers may collect the following data about the way you use our site, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to The Moon & Lotus:
- Number of visitors to the site
- Pages visited whilst using the site and time spent per page
- Page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods
- Source location and details about where users go when they leave the site
- Page response times and any download errors
- Other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in
From time to time I may use the information collected about you to present you with targeted advertisements using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest/ TikTok and/or Instagram.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY & FUTURE PROCESSING
I do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, this privacy notice will be amended and placed on the website at www.themoonandlotus.com
I continually review the privacy practices and may change the policy and privacy statement from time to time. When I do this an amended privacy statement will be placed on our website at www.themoonandlotus.com
This privacy notice was published on 22 January 2023 and last updated on 22 January 2023.
If you are concerned about how The Moon & Lotus are collecting, using and/or sharing your personal information, you can contact the Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org.